Choosing A Wrongful Death Attorney | Eisenberg Law Offices
5 Tips for Choosing a Wrongful Death Attorney
The unexpected passing of a loved one is always shocking, but that shock can be compounded when you suspect the death could have been prevented. When these types of suspicions mount, it’s time to seek out the services of a wrongful death attorney. To aid you in choosing the right attorney to help you, we’ve compiled a list of five tips to keep in mind as you search.
Tips That Will Help You Find The Right Wrongful Death Attorney
- Look For An Attorney Who Has Wrongful Death Case Experience. Like doctors, attorneys have different areas of specialization. Nothing can replace actual real-world experience representing wrongful death suits, so always start your search with a shortlist of attorneys who have experience in wrongful death lawsuits, particularly in the type of wrongful death that your family has suffered.
- Take The Time To Meet The Attorney. Never hire an attorney without meeting them. This one on one interaction helps you understand how they work and more importantly, how your personalities mesh. Cases can linger for years; you want to work with an attorney you trust and with whom you can get along.
- Take Advantage of Free Consultations. One way to jumpstart that meeting is to take advantage of complimentary consultations. These sessions serve as a way for the attorney to get a brief overview of your case and determine an appropriate course of action and for both sides to get to know the other and see if they would work well together.
- Don’t Be Afraid To Ask About Their Record Of Success. You want to hire the best attorney for the job. That means asking about their success record as much as their experience. Success can come in the form of having won several cases or having obtained significant settlements for their clients. Most attorneys will be happy to share their success stories with you. If they are unwilling to do this, that could be a red flag.
- Choose An Attorney Who Works On A Contingency Basis. Many people shy away from meeting with a wrongful death attorney because they have concerns over how to afford an attorney. But most, if not all, wrongful death and personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means they do not receive payment unless they win your case.
Add The Eisenberg Law Offices Wrongful Death Attorneys To Your List
There is no reason to let the work of searching for the right attorney prevent you from obtaining justice for your loved one. Contact Eisenberg Law Offices in Madison, WI to schedule a free case consultation and use the tips above to guide your discussion with one of our wrongful death attorneys.
Arrange your free consultation by calling 608-256-8356 or emailing Info@eisenberglaw.org.