Hire A Wisconsin Family Law Expert To Win The Fairest Spousal Support
spousal support to help you get back on your feet. Obtaining Help For Wisconsin Family Law Matters Wisconsin state law has a formula for determining child support, but calculating spousal support is left to the discretion of the court. Although there are many variables that go into whether the court looks favorably on granting maintenance to one party or the other, the decision is put in the hands of a judge who can decide what amount of weight to give to various factors. Judges consider factors such as:
- How long were the parties married?
- What is the age and physical and emotional health of each party?
- How is the couples’ property divided?
- What is the educational level of each person?
- What is the earning capacity of each person?
- What are the tax consequences to each party in the case of spousal support?
- Has one person contributed significantly to the training, education, or increased earning power of the other spouse?
- Was there a prenuptial agreement or marital property agreement?
- Angry spouses who want to take the other one to the cleaners, and spouses who want to keep their resources to themselves
- Young, entitled spouses who don’t want to work, and mature ones who don’t have a bright economic future because they stayed home to raise children
- Those who sacrificed their own career or personal ambitions to put the other one through school, and spouses who have short memories