Wisconsin Car Accident Law | Steps To Take After An Accident
3 Steps To Take After Wisconsin Car Accident
No matter what kind of accident you have been involved in, the aftermath can be confusing and busy. The struggles only increase if you have suffered serious injuries or property damage. Despite the challenges, there are several important steps to take after a car accident that will help you if you decide to file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
3 Must-Do Steps to Take After a Car Accident
There are three must-do steps to take after a car accident in Wisconsin:
- Take Photos. If you can, take photos of the accident scene. Be sure to include pictures of the damage to the vehicles and accident injuries.
- See a Doctor. You should always seek medical attention after a car accident, even if you feel okay. Some injuries, especially soft tissue and musculoskeletal injuries, don’t start to show themselves until days or even weeks afterward. A medical check-up can uncover these hidden injuries and get you started on a care plan right away.
- Contact an Attorney. If you have been injured, you will want to speak with an attorney to receive help filing an insurance claim or working with the other party or their insurer to settle the claim.
Facts About Car Accident Claims in Wisconsin
- You’re Under a Deadline. Many people don’t realize that Wisconsin has a statute of limitations of 3 years on personal injury claims, two years on wrongful death. Claims must be filed within 3 years from the date of the accident if you want to pursue compensation for your injuries. That time can go by very fast, particularly if you are busy recovering from injuries. This short window of time is one reason why we suggest meeting with an attorney soon after the accident. It will give your attorney time to evaluate the case, file a claim, and negotiate a settlement before it is too late.
- Many Types of Damages May be Claimed. Victims are able to pursue compensation for many different types of damages. These include: current and future medical bills, lost wages, property damage, emotional distress, and loss of future earnings.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
Personal injury cases are complex and often require a lot of evidence collection and negotiation with the other party, insurance agencies, and even within the court system. The personal injury attorneys at Eisenberg Law Offices are well-versed in the stalling tactics, denial arguments, and low-ball offers made by insurance companies in an effort to minimize the claim. Our attorneys work tirelessly on behalf of our clients to ensure there is proper and adequate evidence to support their claims, manage the paperwork and negotiation aspects of claims, and ensure our clients are receiving fair treatment and optimal payouts. If the case goes to court, we can continue our representation for a seamless process.
Schedule a Free Case Consultation at Eisenberg Law and Bring These Documents With You
The personal injury attorneys at Eisenberg Law Office in Wisconsin are ready to help you navigate the steps to take after a car accident. We offer free initial case consultations so you can learn about your options and find out if a case is even possible with no obligation or money at stake.
To make the most of your free consultation, bring all documentation related to the accident. This may include police reports or tickets, medical bills, mechanic or auto body shop bills, and photographs of the accident scene. The more information we have, the better able we are to understand the case and explain your options.
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact the Wisconsin accident attorneys at Eisenberg Law Offices by calling 608-256-8356 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your free consultation.