Personal Injury Attorney | Slip And Fall Injury
When To Consult A Personal Injury Lawyer After A Slip And Fall Injury
Slips and falls are very common injuries that can happen in a variety of settings and situations. The term “slip and fall” is a legal term that is used by a personal injury lawyer in cases where a person has slipped, tripped, or fallen while on another person’s property.
In many cases, a slip and fall injury is no more damaging than a bruised ego or behind, but at other times the injury can be quite serious and the circumstances surrounding it concerning. It’s at times like this that the injured party may want to seek the counsel of a personal injury lawyer.
In some cases, it is possible to recover damages as a result of the incident.
Fault Must Be Proven
In order to be awarded compensation in a slip and fall case, a personal injury attorney must prove that the property owner was at fault, or negligent, in his or her duty to keep the property in safe condition. However, just because an area of ground was uneven, a walkway slippery, or a sidewalk damaged, does not mean the property owner is necessarily at fault for the slip and fall injury.
It’s up to the personal injury lawyer to prove that the owner was negligent and should, therefore, be held responsible for the victim’s injuries.
Negligence can be proven in several different ways:
- The property owner has to know about the dangerous situation ahead of time.
- The property owner or employee caused the dangerous situation.
- The dangerous situation was so egregious that a “reasonable person” responsible for the upkeep of the property would have noticed the danger and rectified it.
It’s not only the actions or inactions of the property owner that will be examined. The victim’s own actions or “carelessness” will also be examined. A personal injury lawyer will question many things such as:
- whether the individual was supposed to be in that area,
- whether or not another person should have noticed the danger in the situation and taken steps to avoid it,
- if there were signs warning of the danger or barriers to prevent anyone from getting near it,
- the actions of the victim, particularly if any of those actions or activities could have contributed to the slip and fall injury, such as running, jumping, or not paying attention to where they were walking.
Contact An Eisenberg Law Personal Injury Attorney After A Slip And Fall Incident
If you have been injured in a slip and fall situation and you think the property owner was negligent in his or her duty to maintain a safe property, contact Eisenberg Law Offices in Madison, WI to arrange a consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys.
Our attorneys will be able to examine the evidence, facts, and circumstances surrounding the incident and advise you of your legal options. We can represent you to protect your rights and negotiate a settlement that will compensate you for your damages, including pain and suffering. Call 608-256-8356 or email Info@EisenbergLaw.org to arrange a free consultation.