Motorcycle Accident Personal Injuries | Injury Attorney
5 Of The Most Common Personal Injuries That Arise From Motorcycle Accidents
A motorcycle accident can be devastating for the riders. Riders are entirely exposed with little more than a helmet and leather clothing to protect them; that’s assuming they are wearing these protective items. This exposure means that motorcyclists have a much higher risk of sustaining personal injuries in an accident than automobile drivers. Some of these injuries are minor, but others can be severe enough to be life-changing or life-threatening.
Five Common Motorcycle Injuries
- Head and brain injuries. Head and brain injuries are the most serious types of personal injuries to occur during a motorcycle accident. The impact of your head on the road or even against the inside of your helmet can cause concussions, brain bleeds, or swelling of the brain. All of these conditions can be life-threatening or life-changing.
- Broken bones. It’s no surprise to see broken bones on this list. The body is completely unprotected while riding a motorcycle; bones can break from impact with other vehicles, the ground, or another obstacle. Broken arm and legs, pelvis fractures, and shoulder injuries are very common in motorcycle accidents. Most people recover from these injuries just fine, but others are left permanently disabled, suffer from chronic pain, or are become paralyzed.
- Road rash. Road rash may sound like a minor injury because it is not life-threatening, but it is extraordinarily painful. This injury occurs when the body slides across the road surface, causing friction that damages the skin. In severe cases, it can also damage nerves, muscles, or bones, cause infections, and even result in permanent nerve damage.
- Paralysis or damaged nerves. The impact of a fall can compress nerves, particularly in the arms, spine, and pelvis. Nerve damage can be very difficult to heal and, in severe cases, can lead to paralysis, which may be permanent.
- Disfigurement or death. The biggest risk of motorcycle accidents is the risk of disfigurement or death. Motorcyclists have lost limbs, become permanently disfigured, and even die due to these accidents.
While helmets and personal protective equipment provide some protection, they are not a guarantee that you won’t be injured in an accident. At best, they will reduce the severity of your personal injuries.
If you are ever injured in an accident, you should seek medical attention immediately. If your accident was the result of someone else’s negligence, contact an accident attorney at Eisenberg Law Offices to discuss your legal options.
Compensation For Your Personal Injuries May Be Possible
Recovering from motorcycle accident injuries takes time and may require extended time off of work. This can cause financial difficulties, especially if medical bills keeping piling up. The personal injury attorneys at Eisenberg Law Offices in Madison, Wisconsin help motorcyclists explore all of their legal options after an accident to determine if they are entitled to compensation. This compensation can help pay for medical expenses or make up lost wages while you recover.
Schedule a free case consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys by calling 608-256-8356 or emailing email@example.com.