The Best Criminal Defense Lawyers | Eisenberg Law Offices
How To Find The Best Criminal Defense Lawyers
If you find yourself charged with a crime, or even the possibility of being charged, your first move should be to find an attorney. Keep in mind that your entire future is at stake and you should not hand your case over to the first lawyer you find online or in the yellow pages. Here are the questions you should ask in order to find the best criminal defense lawyers available.
- Are You A Member Of The Wisconsin Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers? WACDL is the Wisconsin affiliate of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. In order to join, an attorney must affirm in writing that he or she is “committed to the fair administration of justice and the defense of individuals accused of crime.” WACDL sponsors seminars devoted to criminal law and maintains active communication among its members to keep them up-to-date in the field. Their website also features a search function to help you find an attorney.
- How Much Experience Do You Have With Jury Trials? This might seem like a silly question, but there are plenty of attorneys who are not comfortable in front of juries. You want to make sure that the attorney you hire can handle a jury trial if necessary. If the prosecution knows your attorney does not like going to trial, they may take advantage of that when it comes to plea-bargaining. An inexperienced trial lawyer can also make mistakes that can affect the rest of your life.
- Have You Handled Cases Like This Before? How Did They Turn Out? Find out whether the attorney you are speaking with has dealt with situations similar to yours in the past. Experience is everything, and if your lawyer has successfully defended related cases before, he will be that much more experienced with your case.
- Are You The Attorney Who Will Be In Charge Of My Case? Many times, a new client will consult with a senior member of the firm, or an attorney who will then pass the case over to a junior, or less experienced, lawyer. All of the information you have about a specific attorney will be useless if someone else is actually defending you! Make sure you find out who will be the lawyer in charge of your case and be in court with you before you make a final decision.
- What Is Your Fee Structure? Make sure you know up front how much the lawyer charges and what kind of payment plans are available. Do not hire the cheapest attorney. Your future is on the line and you will most likely get what you pay for.
You are sure to find satisfactory answers to all of these questions at Eisenberg Law Offices; home of the best criminal defense lawyers Wisconsin has to offer. Our attorneys have over 30 years of experience in the field and have successfully defended clients against thousands of serious charges. If you are in need of Wisconsin’s best criminal defense lawyers, call Eisenberg Law Offices at (608) 256-8356.