Meeting Wisconsin Car Accident Attorney
What You Need To Know (And Do) Before Meeting With A Wisconsin Car Accident Attorney
If you’ve suffered an injury in an automobile crash, you may be entitled to monetary compensation. Whether the other driver was negligent, or you’re being ignored by your insurance company, it’s important to take the right steps needed to protect you rights. What’s the best way to determine if you are entitled to some sort of financial compensation? Contact a reputable Wisconsin car accident attorney.
Four Things To Consider When Meeting With A Wisconsin Car Accident Attorney
Of course, contacting a reputable Wisconsin car accident attorney is only the first step in what may prove to be a lengthy process. It’s critical to carefully prepare before your initial meeting to ensure a positive and productive first consultation. Once you’ve made your appointment with a Wisconsin car accident attorney, you should prepared by:
Gathering relevant documents and information: Relying on your memory is a surefire way to miss key details about the accident. Before your initial appointment with your attorney, collect as many relevant documents and data as possible. This file may include photographs, copies of the police reports, witness information, contact information of the other driver, documentation from your automobile insurer (including policy number, claim number and adjuster), health care insurer information and medical records and bills.
Going over the accident: As time goes on, our memories of events fade and details become harder to recall. This can become especially true for vehicle accidents. You should take the time to go over the important details in your mind as well as write them down so you have them in front of you during the consultation.
Having a list of your own questions: Your Wisconsin car accident attorney will certainly have a list of questions to go over with you during the meeting. However, you should also prepare a list of your own to have ready during your meeting. Some key questions you may want to ask during the consultation include:
- How much experience do you have with car accident claims?
- What are the strengths of my case? The weaknesses?
- What other information can I provide?
- Have you gone to trial for car accident claims?
- How often do you settle out of court?
- How much is your case worth? A skilled and experienced Wisconsin car attorney will understand that there is much to consider, examine and evaluate before being able to successfully pinpoint the potential value of your case. Partner with a firm that is ready and capable of performing all the due diligence needed to ensure you get everything to which you are entitled.