5 Questions To Ask A Personal Injury Lawyer Madison WI
5 Questions To Ask Your Personal Injury Lawyer In Madison WI About Your Personal Injury Case
Being injured is no fun. Being injured through no fault of your own is even worse. You undoubtedly have many questions, mounting medical bills, and sky-high stress levels. If this sounds familiar, it’s time to consult a personal injury lawyer in Madison WI. A personal injury lawyer can help you pursue compensation from the negligent party. This compensation can be used to pay medical expenses, cover lost wages and out of pocket expenses associated with the injury, and help minimize some of the stress you may be feeling as a result of the injury.
When choosing a personal injury lawyer, you want to find someone who has the right experience and legal knowledge to secure the best possible outcome for you and your family. To help you get started in your search, we’ve developed this list of 5 questions to ask personal injury lawyers as you look for the right one.
5 Questions To Ask When Hiring A Personal Injury Lawyer
- What Areas Of Law Do You Have Expertise In? You want an attorney who has expertise not only in personal injury but also in the specific area of personal injury that pertains to your case. Examples include: auto accidents, slips and falls, traumatic brain injuries, or construction accidents.
- Have You Handled Injury Cases Like Mine Before? How Many? What Were The Results? The more experience with your specific kind of case, the better. You’ll also want to inquire as to the results of the attorneys’ prior cases. While past performance does not guarantee future results, as least you’ll have a good idea if the attorney is skilled in this particular area.
- How Long Does It Typically Take To Resolve An Injury Case Like Mine? Some personal injury cases take a long time to resolve, others quickly. It depends on the extent of your injuries, the healing process, and the amount of insurance coverage available. It’s helpful to get an understanding of what to expect in the coming months including how long you may be tied up in the legal system, what the effect will be on your time/ability to work, and how you will need to manage mounting expenses.
- How Frequently Will You Communicate With Me About My Case? You want to meet and speak directly with the attorney handling your case. Avoid firms that pass you off to an “investigator” or paralegal, especially for the initial consultation. In what format and how frequently the attorney communicates with you does not matter so long as it works for you.
- Will Other Attorneys Be Working On The Case? Related to #4 above, it’s not unusual or wrong for attorneys to receive assistance from junior attorneys or paralegals, you just deserve to know if that is what’s happening and who is working on your case. In some cases you benefit by having support from the entire firm, not just one attorney.
Meet With A Personal Injury Lawyer In Madison, WI At Eisenberg Law Offices
Eisenberg Law Offices has over 30 years of experience providing personal injury representation in Wisconsin. We represent clients who have been injured in a variety of ways, work directly with insurance companies to negotiate settlements, and take personal injury cases to court, if need be.
Contact an Eisenberg Law Offices personal injury lawyer in Madison, WI by calling 608-256-8356 or request a consultation online to learn more about our personal injury representation.