Car Truck Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Madison
Accident Injury Attorneys Wisconsin
Have you been Injured in an Accident?
Injuries resulting from accidents can cause pain, disrupt lives, may even lead to death. In certain cases the injury may be so severe that a person is left paralyzed for the rest of his or her life. Accident injuries are a serious matter, especially when caused by another person. Contacting an accident injury attorney is extremely important in such situations so that you may file a claim in order to receive fair and just compensation.
At Eisenberg Law Offices, in Madison, Wisconsin, our accident injury attorneys have the experience and skill to represent you or someone you know who has been injured due to the negligence of another person.
Types of Injuries
There are many types of injuries that can occur because of accidents. A brief introduction to common injuries is given below.
- Neck injuries: In certain cases a neck injury may damage the nervous system or affect the spinal cord. When there is a break in a cervical bone, it is called a neck fracture.
- Spinal cord injuries: Any damage to the spinal cord resulting in loss of function or mobility is known as a spinal cord injury or SCI. SCIs that result from trauma can lead to temporary or permanent loss of sensation, paralysis, or loss of bladder or bowel control.
- Bulging discs: Spinal disc herniation is a medical condition which affects the spine. In the condition a tear in the outer portion of an intervertebral disc causes the central portion, which is soft, to bulge out.
- Back injuries: Back injuries can be trauma-induced from accidents. Herniated discs, sprains and strains, and fractures in the vertebrae are some common back injuries.
- Whiplash: A sudden distortion of the neck due to extension or a related range of injuries to the neck are termed as whiplash. Whiplash often occurs in motor vehicle accidents when a vehicle is hit from behind.
- Head trauma: When the brain is injured due to a sudden force or trauma, it is called traumatic brain injury, or TBI. A sudden blow to the head can cause the brain to be driven to the side of the skull.
- Internal injuries: Motor vehicle accidents involving blunt trauma may cause internal injuries to vital organs such as the liver, colon, pancreas, and spleen.
- Fractures: A break in the continuity of the bone is referred to as a bone fracture.
- Paraplegia and Quadriplegia: Paraplegia and Quadriplegia result from spinal cord injury. They are impairments in motor or sensory function of the body. In paraplegia the area of the spinal canal affected is either the thoracic, lumbar, or sacral regions. In quadriplegia both arms are also affected by paralysis.
- Wrongful death: When someone causes the death of another person, it is called wrongful death. The cause of the death may be due to neglect or by someone’s action.
The Next Step
Identifying your injury is only the beginning in filing a claim. Eisenberg Law Offices’ expert personal injury and vehicular accident attorneys can estimate the long term impact of your injury financially, psychologically, and physically. They can further guide you through your options and draft a settlement plan.
For over 25 years, Eisenberg Law has been championing clients who have experienced an accident related injury. Based in Madison, Wisconsin, our savvy personal injury and vehicular accident attorneys have the knowledge and competence to not only successfully represent you, but also to get you the settlement you deserve. We have represented injured persons throughout the State of Wisconsin. We are here to protect your rights. Call us today for a free consultation if you or someone you know has had an injury caused by an accident.